|Help manage mental stress during COVID-19 by utilizing these tips and resources for seniors, their families, caregivers and friends.|
- Be positive and calm. You may be feeling anxious, but it is important not to make them feel anxious. What they need most is for you to support them right now.
- Keep your tone as light as possible; do not share frightening statistics or predictions.
- Avoid arguing about the situation. Simply acknowledge the person’s concern and emotion sincerely.
- Share positive stories and remind them how resilient they are! What has your loved one gone through in their lifetime? Remind them that this situation will pass and that they are strong. Help them think about how they overcame other difficult life experiences.
- Stay connected while staying safe with virtual programs through St. Cloud’s Whitney Senior Center or through Juniper from the Central Minnesota Council on Aging.
- The Senior LinkAge Line connects to a local aging expert for more individualized help — call 800-333-2433.
- Find meals for older adults. Call 320-650-3065.