|Coborn Healing Center is now open! See the variety of services offered to cancer patients and caregivers to support the Mind, Body and Spirit. This month we are featuring our Energize room. We offer classes in an environment of compassion, calmness and acceptance to help you transition from active treatment to an active lifestyle. Benefits of exercise:|
- Boost energy and promote better sleep
- Keep or improve physical abilities
- Improve balance, mood and quality of life
- Combat diseases
- Reduce nausea
- Be more social
- Reduce tiredness
- Maintain a healthy weight
See January event calendar.
- Stretch, Strength and Balance – Join Kim Yager-DeAustin, RN, Coborn Cancer Center, to stretch your tired, tight and sore muscles to increase flexibility and improve posture. Use functional and basic movements to help strengthen and recruit muscles to regain or maintain mobility. Increase your balance and body awareness. Free for cancer patients/survivors of Coborn Cancer Center. Register at centracare.com/events or call 320-229-5199, ext. 70857 or 70990.
- Chair Yoga – Cancer patients, survivors and caregivers are welcome in this class focused toward gentle, safe and fun techniques designed to meet the individual needs and abilities of participants. All fitness levels welcome and no previous experience necessary. This class is taught by a certified yoga instructor, Melissa Thielman. Register at Sauk Rapids-Rice Community Education, 320-258-1577.
- Meditation – Link your breath with quieting your mind. Enjoy 30 minutes of stillness and reward yourself with the benefits of meditation: lowered blood pressure, better sleep, stress reduction and increased happiness! For those living with cancer, their loved ones and caregivers. Contact Sartell Community Education to register at 320-253-4036, ext. 1, or online.
- Tai Chi – Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi is an effective practice for health of mind and body. It can be easy to learn and delivers health benefits that include: better mood, greater aerobic capacity and muscle strength, more energy and stamina, enhanced flexibility, balance and agility, lower blood pressure and improved heart health. This class is led with compassion and welcomes all skill levels. For those living with cancer, their loved ones and caregivers. Contact Sartell Community Education to register at 320-253-4036, ext. 1, or online.
- Yoga – Whether you are a cancer patient, survivor, newly diagnosed, in treatment, gathering strength or thriving, yoga can further your recovery and help you feel whole again. This class is a research-based, specialized yoga methodology addressing the specific physical and emotional needs left by cancer and its treatments. This class is taught by a certified Yoga4Cancer instructor, Barb Novak, RYT, with knowledge and awareness of the special needs of cancer patients and survivors. This class will help individuals maintain a strong immune system, build muscle strength, improve bone density, create self-confidence, provide solutions for treatment side effects, reduce stress, improve your sleep, give you a sense of well-being, cultivate hope, provide a supportive community, and create a path to a longer, happier healthier life. To register, call Ann at 320-253-4036, ext. 1, or visit sartellststephencommunityed.com.
Learn about our Healing Series Support Group offered at CentraCare Health.